The Garden Route is open for business. Serious technology business.
This is the second in a series of posts identifying and substantiating several ICT projects to stimulate and grow the Garden Route ICT industry.
It is undeniable that the Garden Route offers a superior lifestyle and great infrastructure. This combined with a talented and motivated workforce, strong ICT skills pool and an effective and efficient local government makes it a top investment destination. In fact, two of the Garden Route towns have recently being identified by FinWeek’s as two of the top 10 of SA’s best places to do business.
All the requirements for a strong BPO destination is being met:
- We have a strong pool of english speaking matriculants.
- We have a strong pool of technical skills available to support the establishment and support of BPO operators.
- We have a well motivated and competent local government in place committed to helping grow the BPO industry in the area.
- We have local government incentives in place to help existing BPO operators establish a presence in the area.
- We have fast and reliable fibre connectivity connecting the region to the bigger cities, as well as multiple fibre rings within the George CBD and surrounds. The area is further covered by multiple fast Wireless networks.
- We have quality CBD office space available for quick occupation.
- We offer a productive and virtually crime free lifestyle with a minimal commute and excellent quality of life.
- Labour and property costs are well below those of Johannesburg and Cape Town.